Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The Future? (and some updates)


It's now been a few months since I posted the final result of this little project. I'm still occasionally re-watching episodes and noting down things that may differ from what I originally believed to be correct in terms of chronology (and I do, from time to time, make changes to some of the posts if something comes to mind). So there might be some minor changes in the future.

Now, back to why I'm posting this. I have noticed that the blog does have some visitors - which, of course, I'm delighted to see! I never really thought this could be of any interest to people other than myself. So that's why I have felt an increasing need to post an update with some thoughts on the future of this blog, the chronology and the 'Poirot' series.

The Future of the Blog
I must say, the fact that this blog has so many unique visitors from all over the world has really taken me by surprise. I'm not really sure where to take it from here. My initial plan was to leave this blog in peace - as some kind of encyclopedia, where the occasional fan or two could double-check episodes or have some food for thought. But recently, I've played with the idea of expanding the project and discuss other aspects of the episodes as well - like the additional page on Poirot's apartment. If there's any interest in this, I'd be glad to hear from you. If not, then I'm happy with things as they are.

The Future of the Chronology
As I've already mentioned, I do occasionally update the original posts with corrections and/or additions. I'll probably continue doing this at unequal time intervals in the future. BUT: I would very much like to hear from you as well - comments on my proposed chronology, corrections (I've definitely made some mistakes along the way and probably forgotten something) and additions. Any tips or hints are always welcome.

The Future of the Series
As you may or may not know, the future of the 'Poirot' series hangs by a very thin thread. As a very passionate fan, I would of course be devastated if the series were to be cancelled so close to its finale. Reports have flourished online of ITV's intention to cancel the series because of the considerable economic costs of production. Though some recent reports (with dubious sources) have claimed the series to be in pre-production again, I really can't bring myself to believe this until ITV has made an official announcement. Anyway. I must say I really hope the series will pull through; closure will never really come until the final novel is filmed.

Finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting the blog. I hope you enjoy it and find it useful!

UPDATES:

July: I've now added an e-mail address to the blog; poirotchronology@gmail.com. If you have any questions, suggestions or requests, I'll do my best to answer them. 


August: I've enabled comments on the different pages (Timeline, Apartment etc.). 


September: A new page has been added - Episodes.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks this is a very interesting resource. I always wondered about Poirot changing to a new apartment, losing Ms Lemon and Hastings, and acquiring George. Seemed very odd. Finally I think I have my answers! Thank you for being so thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!

    Best regards from a Swede in Tallinn!

    ReplyDelete


  3. There is nothing more lavish than living in an awesome house at the beach side, and even more when the beach may be a beautiful one. it's a privilege to measure within the lap of nature. Lying back on the sand, having a sun bath with waves rocking right at the beach side is an experience in itself. so as to form you experience and feel this luxury, Oracle brings to you the posh apartments in Broad beach. they're an epitome of luxury and are a Gold Cost land apartment. this is often what you call a mix of lifestyle and luxury. The architects of the Niecon have done a tremendous add creating something which is one among the foremost desirable amongst all beach apartments.
    77056 Luxury Apartments

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to use this great opportunity to thank Dr Aluya for helping me to get my boyfriend back after 3 months of breakup. My boyfriend breakup with me because he see another girl at his working place and told me he is no longer interested in me and live me in pain and heart break. I seek for help on the internet and i saw so many good talk about this great spell caster Dr Aluya and I contacted him also and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell for me which i use to get back my boyfriend within the period of 48 hours and i am so grateful to him for the good work he did for me,that is why i also want to let everyone who is in need of help out there to also seek help from him so he can help.His email is aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp: +2348110493039

    Contact Dr aluya at http://Draluyaspelltempl.website2.me if you want to get your Husband, Wife, Boyfriend and Girlfriend back now and regain your happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everyone,

    Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Services rendered include:

    * Refinancing Loans
    * Car Loan
    * Truck Loans
    * COVID-19 Financing Loan
    * Home Loan
    * Mortgage Loan
    * Debt Consolidation Loan
    * Farm Loan
    * Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Students Loan and so many others.

    For more info; Contact us via Email: profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

    ReplyDelete